EPIC Assist (EPIC) was proud to sponsor the inaugural Award for Accessibility and Inclusiveness Excellence at the recent Moreton Bay Business & Innovation Awards, held on Friday 21st October 2022.
The Moreton Bay Business & Innovation Awards celebrate and recognise business excellence and innovation in the Moreton Bay region. 480 business leaders, employees, entrepreneurs, innovators, and community members came together for the event at Eatons Hill Hotel’s grand ballroom, which shined a light on their achievements.
EPIC works with many businesses across the Moreton Bay region through our sites at Strathpine, Caboolture, Redcliffe, Kallangur, and Bribie Island. We were delighted that this new category was added in 2022 to highlight the importance of access and inclusion in our communities.
CEO Dean Graham served as a judge in this category, which recognises a business that has a strong commitment to adopting and promoting access and inclusion to improve the lives of people with disability, as part of their day-to-day business operations.
Finalists for the EPIC Assist Award for Accessibility and Inclusiveness Excellence 2022 were:
- Drone-Games – developed to provide the opportunity for everyone to fly drones in a fun and safe environment.
- Lawnton Aquatic Centre – a hub for sport, health, leisure, and aquatic education.
- Oncall Group – supports people with a disability through a range of services that enable them to live their best life their way at home and in the community.
- Play Tech Australia – a social tech club for young autistic and neurodivergent people aged nine to 20 years to develop their social skills while engaging with technology. Play Tech run social groups for young people that seek to enhance their social and technical skills.
- Succeed Healthcare Solutions – occupational therapy, physiotherapy, exercise physiology, and therapy assistants for young people aged three to 35. At the heart of Succeed Healthcare Solutions is a solid commitment to access and inclusion.
EPIC COO, Rick Staveley, was proud to present the award to Leanne Hopkins, Chief Success Officer, and the team at Succeed Healthcare Solutions.
EPIC congratulates all the nominees and finalists in this important category, and we look forward to seeing the category grow in the coming years.
If your business would like to learn more about the benefits of hiring someone with disability, contact EPIC today.