Dignified access is when all customers, visitors and employees have safe and equitable access and experience of EPIC offices. Where access may be limited, an alternative can be arranged.
Dignified access consideration applies to people with both visible and invisible disabilities and barriers.
Features of dignified access at our offices include:
Walkways and stairways
- Clear, unobstructed path of travel from the street to the entrance
- Walkways and ramps have a minimum width of 1500m to allow easy access for wheelchairs and scooters
- Clear signage for people to find their way to the office
- Visible contrast strips on tread of stairs
- Handrails on both sides of stairways
- Tactile surface indicators at the bottom and top of each stairway
- Accessible path of travel to the lift
- Lift cars wait for slower travellers
- Floor number selector panel with audio announcement to announce each floor
- Raised tactile and braille signage and selection panel
- Clear access for passengers with mobility issues or wheelchairs and scooters
- Handrails inside the lifts
- Emergency hands-free communication
- Accessible path of travel to the reception
- Reception desk design and height is not a barrier to communicating with visitors
- Easy visitor sign in access
- Chairs have arms to provide support moving in and out of the chairs
- Chairs and counters with clearance underneath
- Circulation space at doorways for wheelchair and scooter access
- Meeting spaces that are fit for purpose and have equitable facilities
- Rooms are quiet and free from distraction
- Glass walls or viewing panels in all rooms
- Circulation space to allow for wheelchair and scooter access
- Natural and artificial lighting with even illumination and no glare or reflection
If accessible rest rooms are not on the premises, we can direct to the nearest alternative.
Directions to offices
We can provide directions to our offices for people that have specific access requirements.
We are aware of the nearest accessible public transport options.
Emergency warning systems
- Effective emergency warning systems for people with vision and/or hearing loss
- Electronic sounders or an amplified sound system for emergency evacuation
- Emergency lighting
- Emergency evacuation plans visible near all entrances and exits
- Personal use of perfume, deodorant and cleaning products may be modified to accommodate sensitivity
- Designated smoking areas ensure smoke free entrances, stairwells and rest rooms
- Phone ringtones and television volume may need to be adjusted for comfort
- Noisy activities such as vacuum cleaning and property maintenance may need to be scheduled out-of-hours
- Furniture and textiles are selected to minimise discomfort
- Paper towel may be provided as an alternative to hand dryers
- Lighting adjustments may be possible to minimise discomfort for people with visual sensitivities. This might include using LED or natural lighting instead of fluorescent lights, or turning off lights in a meeting room
- Physical contact will not be made unless permission is given
We seek input from our customers to help guide our website design and content. It helps us deliver an inclusive website that meets the needs of people with different abilities and backgrounds.
We regularly run online surveys, one-on-one interviews, and interactive online activities. If you would like to be involved, we’d love to hear from you.
Website content and code
We are committed to ensuring that our website is usable and accessible to all visitors. This includes people with disability, language barriers, and technical constraints such as low speed internet connections.
This website has been developed to comply with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) Level AA and meets many Level AAA criteria. WCAG 2.0 is a technical standard developed under the Web Accessibility Initiative of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
Monsido PageAssist is an easy way for you to tailor the EPIC Assist website to your liking. The tools allow you to change the colours, fonts, font size, and formatting of the website to personalise your own digital experience.
Click the the blue person on the bottom-right of the website to activate Monsido PageAssist.
We welcome your feedback on our offices and website. If you’re having access difficulties or would like to leave us a suggestion, please get in touch via our online feedback form
If you do not wish to use the online feedback form, you can send your comments in writing to the address below:
PO BOX 2052
Windsor QLD 4030