AND is a not for profit organisation taking a leadership role in the inclusion of people with disability in all aspects of business. AND works with supporters such as McDonalds, IBM and Westpac, to improve internal systems and procedures to ensure they are inclusive of people with disability.
At EPIC, we help people with disability find work and assist organisations in understanding disability by breaking down the misconceptions associated with employing people with disability. We focus on the entire pool of talent by allowing skilled job seekers with disability to compete on a level playing field, making adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disability while providing an excellent customer service experience for all candidates.
CEO Bill Gamack spoke about how DCR status highlights EPIC’s point of difference.
“At EPIC, we provide a personalised service to assist people with disability to achieve future success. EPIC is different to most other recruitment organisations – once we place someone into work we stay on their journey and provide ongoing support [to the participant and the employer] until we are no longer needed.”
“Achieving Disability Confident Recruiter (DCR) status is a great milestone and another example of EPIC’s ongoing commitment to work with the community to change the lives of people with disability and help them realise what’s possible. For the past 25 years we have led the way in innovation in the disability employment sector and we see the DCR as another step on this journey,” Bill said.
To achieve Disability Confident Recruiter status, EPIC has signed the DCR Charter, making a public commitment to address the following points:
- As a ‘Disability Confident Recruiter’ we are committed to providing fair and equitable treatment for candidates with disability.
- Our key recruitment web page(s) are accessible as per the Web Content Accessibility Standards (WCAG 2.0) and provide people with disability equitable access to our employment information.
- Our premises enable equitable participation throughout the recruitment process and where this is not possible, we have a dignified alternative.
- We know how to make adjustments to accommodate a candidate’s specific requirements throughout the application, assessment and interview process.
- We provide key information in alternate formats on request.
- We take role briefs, advertise roles, screen, test and interview candidates with disability based on the essential requirements of the role.
- We communicate with candidates with disability using their preferred method of communication.
- We provide information and development to our recruitment consultants on disability confidence and awareness.
“The Australian Network on Disability is pleased to announce that EPIC Assist has recently become the first organisation in Australia to achieve Disability Confident Recruiter (DCR) status. Congratulations to the EPIC Assist team for their effort and commitment to this program.”