Our mental health workshops empower businesses to create a positive environment which confidently support their employees with mental health conditions.
This workshop will help managers and staff to gain the knowledge and tools needed to effectively manage, support, and employ valuable workers who may be experiencing mental health issues. Our full-day workshop is offered face-to-face and can be delivered to small and large groups. We can personalise our workshop to suit your business’ needs and the individual needs of your staff.
The workshop will cover:
- mental illness in Australia
- type of mental illness
- recognising basic signs and symptoms
- managing mental health in the workplace
- Brave Conversations® using the 3 P’s: plan, prepare and practice
- transforming attitudes and behaviour.
This workshop draws upon our expertise as a leading disability employment service provider, an organisation with Disability Confident Recruiter status, and the wealth of knowledge provided by our Mental Health Consultants and staff with lived experience of mental illness. It has been proudly developed in partnership with Mental Health @ Work (mh@work), a leading provider of workplace mental health services.
Mental health training can help your business
At least 1 in 5 Australian adults will experience mental health issues at some point in their lives. Depression results in up to 6 million sick days each year, and stress has become the number one workplace health and safety claim in Australia. Would you know how to offer support to someone who is experiencing mental health issues in the workplace?
Businesses who are well-informed and capable of supporting people with mental health issues are often rewarded with:
- increased tenure and fewer absences
- improved staff morale
- existing staff gaining confidence to disclose disability
- competitiveness in tender processes, as many tenders now require businesses to demonstrate their commitment to diversity and inclusion
- a diverse workforce resulting in greater teamwork and cohesiveness.
With our practical tools and strategies, you can create a more supportive, positive, and productive work environment.
To learn more about disability confidence in your workplace, sign up to our 5-part email series.
Get in touch today
Rebecca's anxiety no longer defines her
It wasn’t until Rebecca hit rock bottom that she realised she needed help. Now Rebecca is proving that not only can she excel in her job, she has the confidence and independence to move forward in her future.