Our mental health workshops empower businesses to create a mentally healthy workplace and confidently support their employees with mental illness.
We offer a number of customisable workshops to support workplaces to become psychologically safe. Our workshops are delivered face-to-face, and can be offered to small and large groups. We personalise our workshops to suit your business’s needs and the individual needs of your staff.
Managing Mental Health in the Workplace (General)
This four hour workshop is suitable for all employees. The workshop promotes a thorough understanding of mental health conditions, removing stigma and creating psychologically safe workplaces from the lived experience perspective. The workshop will cover:
- an introduction to mental health conditions in Australia
- understanding different mental health conditions and how they may affect your workplace
- how to recognise the signs and symptoms of mental illness
- understanding risk factors and triggers
- brave conversations®
- the 3 P’s (plan, prepare and practice)
- self-care strategies, including the eight dimensions of wellness and the self-care thermometer.
Managing Mental Health in the Workplace (For leaders)
This four hour workshop is designed for leaders that have completed the Managing Mental Health in the Workplace workshop, (General). It takes a hands-on approach in supporting leaders to feel confident in supporting employees manage their mental health, and create workplaces which actively promote positive mental health.
This is delivered in a hands-on environment and will provide leaders with valuable experience in:
- refresher and reflection of learnings from the general training
- understanding conversational intelligence
- how to have brave conversations®
- how to use the 3 P’s (plan, prepare and practice) to manage a potential mental health condition
- creating an employee wellness action plan.
Leaders who complete this workshop will have the confidence and tools to create psychologically safe workplaces and effectively lead people who have a mental health condition.
Mental Health at Work Learning Session
This complimentary session can be presented at your business function, board meeting or an employee ‘Lunch and Learn’ and will introduce your employees or clients to the benefits of a psychologically safe workplace.
Mental health training can help your business
At least one in five Australian adults will experience mental health issues at some point in their lives. Depression results in up to 6 million sick days each year, and stress has become the number one workplace health and safety claim in Australia. Would you know how to offer support to someone who is experiencing mental illness in the workplace?
Businesses who are well-informed and capable of support people with mental illness are often rewarded with:
- increased tenure and fewer absences
- improved staff morale
- existing staff gaining confidence to disclose disability
- competitiveness in tender processes, as many tenders now require businesses to demonstrate their commitment to diversity and inclusion
- a diverse workforce resulting in greater teamwork and cohesiveness.
With our practical tools and strategies, you can create a more supportive, positive, and productive work environment.
What makes our workshops different?
Our workshop was developed under the guidance of Mental Health at Work (mh@work), an award-winning consultancy that specialises in upskilling workplaces on mental health, suicide prevention and resilience.
Trailblazing founder of mh@work Ingrid Ozols is a Senior Fellow in the Department of Psychiatry at Melbourne University, a 2007 state finalist for Telstra Business Women’s Awards, a 2009 finalist in the Social Contribution section of the Ernst and Young Entrepreneurship Awards in 2009, and a 2016 Australian Human Rights Medal finalist.
As a strategic culture change mentor, Ingrid has created this workshop to raise awareness of mental illness in corporate environments and create safe, supportive, mentally healthy and aware work places.
EPIC’s team of trainers have been comprehensively trained by Ingrid to deliver the (mh@work) model and brave conversations® approach.
Free email guide on disability confidence
Get a taste of our workshops with our free five-part email guide.
Ready to begin?
If you’d like to chat more about our mental health workshop and how it can benefit your business, please get in touch via the details at the top of this page. Our friendly team can answer any questions you may have.