Your disability should never stand in the way of finding a job you love. We believe everybody has a right to work, and we will do whatever it takes to help you achieve your employment goals.
When you come to EPIC, we spend time getting to know you, your interests and your strengths. We help you discover what job you would like, and explain what you need to do to get there.
EPIC supports people with disability who are ready and willing to work. We will help you build work skills and life skills you need for a job. EPIC’s relationship with our job seekers is based on respect and equality: we will work hard to find the right job for you, while you will work hard to get ready for a job.
“I am very looked after and cared for by the staff at EPIC. They care that I am okay mentally as well as physically and help me find a job that I will really love. I can not recomend EPIC enough.” – Joshua, NPS feedback
How EPIC will help you get started
- introduce you to the EPIC team who will all be involved in supporting you to reach your goals
- give you the opportunity to choose an Employment Consultant to work closely with
- discover your interests, strengths and talents, and find out what job you would like
- develop and regularly review your personalised Job Plan
- explain your responsibilities in your journey towards employment
- provide a list of activities for you to choose from, that will help you reach your goals
- identify your skill gaps and offer you nationally recognised training through our Registered Training Organisation (RTO) EPIC Education Assist, or other RTOs
- support you to create a great resume, prepare job applications, practice interview skills and attend job interviews
- assist you to travel to and from your workplace, purchase appropriate work clothes, and adjust your workplace to suit your needs
- connect you with like-minded employers who align with your career goals
- support you on-the-job in your workplace for as long as you need us- that could be a month, a year or longer.
“EPIC really try and make a difference in everyone’s lives, they’ve really helped motivate me to always reach for the best and never settle.” – Debra, NPS feedback
If you are going to Centrelink for assistance in finding employment, ask for EPIC Assist as your employment service provider. If you are not attending Centrelink, we would still love to hear from you.
Disabilities we support
At EPIC, we understand that finding a job is not always easy. We help people with all disability types find and keep a job they love. We have put together the below guides for our main disability types, to help you get a head-start on your search for employment.
- Acquired brain injury
- Bipolar Disorder
- Deafness and hearing impairment
- Down syndrome
- Physical disability
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Spinal cord injury