Your disability should never stand in the way of finding a job you love. We believe everybody has a right to work, and we will do whatever it takes to help you achieve your employment goals.
When you come to EPIC, we spend time getting to know you, your interests and your strengths. We help you discover what job you would like, and explain what you need to do to get there.
EPIC supports people with disability who are ready and willing to work. We will help you build work skills and life skills you need for a job. EPIC’s relationship with our job seekers is based on respect and equality: we will work hard to find the right job for you, while you will work hard to get ready for a job.
“EPIC care about their job seekers. At your appointment they give you time, you get individual attention and you don’t feel like you are just a number,” Diane, Grafton.
- introduce you to the EPIC team who will all be involved in supporting you to reach your goals
- give you the opportunity to choose an Employment Consultant to work closely with
- discover your interests, strengths and talents, and find out what job you would like
- develop and regularly review your personalised Job Plan
- explain your responsibilities in your journey towards employment
- provide a list of activities for you to choose from, that will help you reach your goals
- identify your skill gaps and offer you nationally recognised training through our Registered Training Organisation (RTO) EPIC Education Assist, or other RTOs
- support you to create a great resume, prepare job applications, practice interview skills and attend job interviews
- assist you to travel to and from your workplace, purchase appropriate work clothes, and adjust your workplace to suit your needs
- connect you with like-minded employers who align with your career goals
- support you on-the-job in your workplace for as long as you need us- that could be a month, a year or longer.
“EPIC really try and make a difference in everyone’s lives, they’ve really helped motivate me to always reach for the best and never settle,” Debra, Brisbane.
If you are going to Centrelink for assistance in finding employment, ask for EPIC Assist as your employment service provider. If you are not attending Centrelink, we would still love to hear from you.
Get in touch today
60 seconds with Alex
Alex knows what it’s like to search for a job when you have a disability. In this video he shares his advice for both employers and people with disability.