Help us change lives
When you choose to volunteer with EPIC, you will join a dedicated team of people who are essential in our job seekers’ success in the workplace. At EPIC we are passionate about helping our job seekers reach their goals, and we will do whatever it takes to see that happen.
Volunteering with EPIC is a highly rewarding experience. You will see firsthand the impact meaningful employment has on the lives of people with disability, their families, loved ones and their community. You will be rewarded with life-long friendships, and develop a greater understanding of diversity and inclusion.
By joining EPIC’s volunteer program, you will become an EPIC Ambassador. We have chosen the word ambassador for our volunteer program as it embodies the passion and pride that our volunteers bring to EPIC.
What will I be doing?
As a volunteer you will:
- work alongside our job seekers to help them achieve their employment goals in the workplace
- chat with our job seekers and listen to any feedback, concerns or ideas they may have
- represent EPIC at events and conferences
- offer support and friendship to our job seekers
- assist EPIC staff members in administration support
How much time do I need to commit?
We ask that our volunteers are willing to commit at least 4 hours per week. We have found this is the ideal time needed to help build a strong, supportive work environment for our job seekers. Our job seekers respond well to working with the same person consistently, as it helps maintain a routine, and will develop stronger relationships.
What else do I need?
You will need to have the passion and drive to create a real difference in your community. You also require:
- Police check (arranged and paid for by EPIC)
- Working with children check (arranged and paid for by EPIC)
- Shared values with EPIC (check out our mission, vision and values)
If you are interested in helping us raise the expectations for people with disability, get in touch by calling (07) 3857 5085, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org