At EPIC we provide a seamless employment service to job seekers with disability and mental illness. Our teams in Lutwyche, Bribie Island, Strathpine, Kallangur, Kippa-Ring, Indooroopilly and Caboolture offer holistic support, helping to build your confidence and develop the skills you need to find and maintain work.
“The staff that work at EPIC are truly amazing. They have helped me in a way that the other job providers would not have even thought of. They have created and put forward options of different career pathways and all of them I have liked. They listen to what I want to do, they don’t force me into something just for the sake of having a job.” – Peter
When you join EPIC North Brisbane’s disability employment service we take the time to identify your needs and aspirations, we then work with you to ensure you are on the right path to employment. We will:
- discover your interests, strengths and talents
- develop and regularly review your personalised Job Plan
- explain your responsibilities in your journey towards employment
- support you to create a great resume, prepare job applications, practice interview skills and attend job interviews
- connect you with like-minded employers who align with your career goals
- support you on-the-job in your workplace for as long as you need us- that could be a month, a year or longer.
Our success stories
We know what it takes to find people with disability a job they love – each year our disability employment services help thousands of people find and maintain employment. We have a number of connections with businesses across North Brisbane and strive to match our job seekers in jobs that match their talents and ambitions.
“Jolleen and Catherine have found their place…we’re so happy to see them taking steps forward every day.”
Our job seekers
Our approach is based on achieving sustainable employment, resulting in success for all – job seekers, employers and the community. When we meet with employers we take the time to understand their unique business needs. We then identify job seekers who meet those needs and provide ongoing support to the employee and employers to make sure the placement is successful.
“EPIC are good in keeping in touch with us and dropping in to make sure everything is running smoothly. They are always asking us questions about how our employee is doing, and regularly ensure that our employee is meeting our businesses expectations.” – Bunnings Warehouse
We have a number of skilled and talented job seekers who are waiting for the right opportunity to prove themselves. To find out more about the skilled job seekers in your area, give us a call on 13EPIC.
We love to give back to our community. Our goal is to build strong communities which value and welcome people with disability and mental illness. We’ve achieved this by working with groups and organisations in North Brisbane, who help create inclusive communities for people with disability. If you are a community group or organisation who would benefit from partnering with EPIC, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our dinners are a great way for job seekers and EPIC staff to socialise together in a relaxed setting. Here are the upcoming dinners in the North Brisbane area:
- 7 Nov 2019 Aspley Hornets Football Club – register your ticket
- 7 Dec 2019 Christmas lunch at Kedron Wavell Services Club – register your ticket
- 6 Feb 2020 The Royal Hotel – register your ticket
- 5 Mar 2020 Aspley Leagues Club – register your ticket
- 2 Apr 2020 North Devils League Club – register your ticket
- 7 May 2020 Rashays Casual Dining – register your ticket
- 4 Jun 2020 Mon’s Thai Rarnahan – register your ticket