Kickstart your IT career
IT is an exciting field to be a part of; constantly growing and evolving. Set to be one of the largest employers in the next decade, the IT sector needs to attract the best and brightest talent to rise to the challenge. But getting a foot in the door can be difficult- particularly for people on the autism spectrum.
The new EPIC TestAbility Academy (ETA) is ready to change this.
ETA is offering successful candidates the chance to boost their employability in the IT sector by participating in a customised training programme, delivered by two leading experts in the field.
Who are the teachers?
The program is delivered by Dr Lee Hawkins and Paul Seaman, two IT industry experts from Melbourne, Australia. Lee and Paul have both been professional software testers for more than 15 years, and are using their wealth of experience to give back to the community.
In collaboration with EPIC Recruit Assist, Lee and Paul have developed a custom syllabus that puts their professional knowledge into a practical training programme. You will learn different testing techniques and processes, Agile methodologies, programming basics and much more.
Paul and Lee are also experienced educators. They have designed the programme to ensure candidates can transfer their software testing skills from the training room to the workplace. Paul and Lee are generously donating their time and expertise to this programme at no charge.
When: Our second ETA course will commence in early 2018.
Where: Melbourne CBD
Equipment: Candidates must bring their own laptops or devices with USB access
To be considered as a suitable candidate, you must have a diagnosis on the autism spectrum, provided by a health professional. You will also need to demonstrate the following:
- Be aged 18 or over;
- Be able to complete the full 12 week (1 evening per week) duration of the course;
- Working knowledge of the operation of a Windows/Mac computer system;
- Familiarity with the use of electronic forms of communication (e.g. email, chat);
- Open to developing verbal and written communication skills;
- Open to developing teamwork skills; and
- An eye for detail.
Register your interest
You can register your interest at any time. You will need to send us:
- A diagnosis on the autism spectrum, provided by a medical professional.
- A written resume or video resume (no longer than two minutes).
- Highest level of education and experience attained (e.g. Year 12 qualifications, degrees, diplomas)
- Your answer to the following puzzle: http://blackboxpuzzles.workroomprds.com/Puzzle01.html. Once you have completed the puzzle, you will need to clearly explain how the machine works. You can write your answer or record your answer on video (no longer than two minutes).
When you have these four items ready, click the button below.Register your interest
If the above button is not working on your device, email all four items to firstname.lastname@example.org